Teachstone looking for an Applications Lead Architect
If you’re interested in working in one of the nicest small cities in the US (Charlottesville, Virginia), with a very interesting education business (Teachstone), and you want the side benefit of working with our team at AgilityFeat, then you’re in luck! One of our clients is looking for an Applications Lead Architect. Details are below, or better yet, check out their job posting.
Teachstone Training, LLC is hiring an Applications Lead Architect that will join our Development Team to provide design and architecture guidance and development across Teachstone’s suite of web application solutions. As a growing company, we are looking for a team player, passionate about the delivery of learning (both face-to-face and online), motivated by a desire to make a difference in education, and willing to work within the ebbs and flows of a dynamic, growing workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan information architecture by studying the code base, site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and data-flow, and navigation; evaluating information representation
- Organize information by translating user behavior into data needs, structure, and elements; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps
- Validate information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback
- Direct engineering at all tiers, including information architecture
- Contribute with hands-on development at any tier as needed
- Lead design discussions and mentors developers on proper data and coding structure; provides leadership around technical solutions
- Review, comment, and contribute to Teachstone’s overall technology strategy
- Identify and/or evaluate emerging technologies that might enhance or compete with Teachstone’s application products
Participate in customer meetings as needed
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to define and present a vision for the future of Web Application Technology
- Leadership qualities which developers recognize and respect
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Broad knowledge of the Web and mobile technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Deep knowledge of Ruby/Rails or a similar modern web application framework
- Knowledge and experience with systems integration
- Ability (and preference) to work in an agile environment
- Ability to work with developers and executives
- A passion for continuous learning and desire to stay up-to-date on developments in educational and instructional technologies and methodologies
For more details or to apply, visit the job posting on Teachstone!
Are you ready for the real-time web?
RealTimeWeekly subscribers get a free copy of our e-book!